Friday, December 14, 2007

Miracles

Have you ever seen Joan of Arcadia? It was a TV show about this girl named Joan to whom God appears to in many different forms. In the pilot episode there is a conversation between Joan and a good-looking teenage guy, who just happens to be God. Joan tells him, "Ok. Lets say your God, lets see a miracle." The guy, God, stops and refers to a tree. Joan pauses for a second and says "... thats a tree" and the guy looks back at her with a smile and says, "Let's see you make one."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This has stood out to me from the first time I saw it. I actually pauses the DVD and rewound to see it again (I had bought the first season to watch it). It amazes me how mankind thinks that we are above God and we can just demand a miracle. I think what "God" was trying to get at by showing Joan the tree, was that we encounter God's miracles everyday of our life, he hasn't stopped making miracles we've just stopped looking for them. Also, the biggest miracle he has ever created has been over-looked. It's time for mankind to open our eyes. Let's see a miracle.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I like your writing so far and i look forward to reading more in the future. It seems like you want people to "think" instead of having stuff just fed to them and to actually use their minds.